Do you want to be a part of something innovative and cutting edge? If your answer is yes, then join our team of more than a hundred data and reporting analysts, test and content developers, psychometricians, and project management professionals that are smart, creative and excited about the impact they are making on students’ education around the nation. Cambium Assessment is a national leader in computer based adaptive assessments.
We are currently seeking a talented Financial Associate to join our team in Washington, D.C.
The Financial Associate is responsible for assisting the Program Finance Lead with the financial management of a portfolio of client and internal projects and cost accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to “learn the business” and interact with internal and external partners in an effort to monitor, analyze and forecast all financial key performance indicators associated with the assigned portfolio.
• Support the Program Finance Lead with monthly project scope/budget reporting and review meetings.
• Monitor, forecast and report financial performance of project and Operations’ direct and indirect initiatives, budgets/targets, including but not limited to those for revenue, components of revenue, profit/fee, labor utilization, indirect costs, investment costs, backlog, receivables and unbilled receivables.
• Ensure compliance with governing procurement regulations as well as corporate financial policies and procedures.
• Ensure timely preparation of all client billings, review and approve the same prior to submission to the client and address collections on invoices not paid promptly.
• Provide financial basics training, and promote financial knowledge among the operations staff in support of project budgets and increase financial understanding via outreach and communication especially in high risk areas such as compliance, fixed price contracts, etc.
• Assist in identifying cost variations or other project and operational risk areas; assist in developing mitigation plans and document all for later use in audit support.
• Play a role in supporting project pricing, project planning, execution, and closeout.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance is required.
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and strong analytical skills are required.
Cambium Assessment is one of America’s leading K -12 educational assessment entities, currently holding prime contracts for educational testing and scoring in many states. We offer superior technology and next-generation questions making our tests valid, innovative, and informative. Our tests are able to collect more information on what each student knows and can do in the same amount of time as a traditional test – thus freeing up teachers to teach and students to learn.
Cambium Assessment joined Cambium Learning Group, Inc. as its sixth business unit in their existing portfolio on January 1, 2020. Cambium Learning Group, Inc. is a leading educational solutions and services company committed to helping all students reach their full potential. The company’s award-winning brands provide breakthrough technology solutions for students and teachers—including best-in-class intervention and supplemental instructional programs; gold-standard professional development; valid and reliable assessments; and products that enable access to learning for all students. With this new relationship, Cambium Assessment has been positioned to grow and expand into new markets unlocking even greater opportunities for success. Click here for more information. *LI-DG1
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.